Custom Burlap and Lace Wedding Invitations

Sunday, February 8, 2015


http://creativeeverafter.blogspot.com/2015/02/custom-burlap-and-lace-wedding.html#more
I'm in love with these Burlap and Lace Wedding Invitations I created for my friend's upcoming wedding! The bride-to-be wanted a soft, romantic feel with a touch of rustic charm for her wedding. I combined natural colors and materials with metallic paper and lace to achieve this lovely invitation set.

The materials were purchased from my local Paper Source and Jo-Ann Fabric stores and I printed the invitations on my home printer. They are truly beautiful and the bride-to-be loved them!

I supplied the complete material list below for those interested!

INVITATION:

 

OUTER BURLAP & LACE BAND:

  • 11" long piece of  2 1/2" wide burlap ribbon
  • 11.75" long piece of 2 1/2" pink lace trim
I sewed the top of the lace to the burlap for a secure fit. (Fabric glue will work too, I just prefer less of a mess.) Wrap the burlap and lace band around the completed invitation and spread a light amount of fabric glue with a paint brush to one end. Press ends together firmly making sure no glue gets on the invitation.

 

RETURN ADDRESS LABEL:

LABEL ADDRESS WRAP:






3 comments

  1. Yeah this is quite an innovative and a great idea. I would definitely tell this to my cousin who right now is shortlisting Banquet Halls in their city. Any idea how much it will cost them, if they have to get around 50 done in this manner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hard costs for buying all the materials yourself and assembling the invitations at home is around $5.00 each. I charged my client more than this due to the amount of design time and labor I put into the invitations. Good luck! 😀

    ReplyDelete