Create Your Own Custom Fabrics

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spoonflower makes it possible for individuals to design, print and sell their own fabric designs like this pattern I designed below:

Circle pattern I'm calling "Modern Stained Glass"
A more detailed view of my pattern.


I just ordered myself a sample print of this fabric and will upload a picture of it once it arrives. Spoonflower prints their fabrics digitally, using eco-friendly water-based pigment inks on natural fiber textiles. I'm eager to see how my design turns out.

While browsing through their online gallery of designs I came across this bird fabric by Lydia Meiying that of course, because of the birds, I love.

A detailed view of the design.
The printed result looks pretty good.

"Tweet" fabric by Lydia Meiying available at www.spoonflower.com/fabric/95550

No comments:

Post a Comment