Glittered Name Plaque

Monday, February 8, 2010

A most special gift is the gift of the handmade:



Recently I have been going through a glittering phase, mostly due to Martha Stewart and her fabulous line of glitter. (Available at Michael's stores and Wal-Mart.) Some may think glittering an object can be cheesy and look cheap but Martha's glitter is based on actual jewel tones that are rich in color and sparkle beautifully. Would you expect any less from Martha???

For my sister-in-law's baby shower I wanted to create something special and from the heart that she would cherish for many years. After being inspired by Martha Stewart's glitter painting (http://www.marthastewart.com/glitter-painting) I decided a custom glittered name plaque with her soon to be daughter's name would be just the right gift.

I created the design in Adobe Illustrator using a color palette similar to what glitter colors I wanted to use. I printed the design on regular paper and then mounted it to 11"x14" chipboard that fits in the frame I chose.

 
The baby's name is Natalie Rose, so I thought adding roses underneath her name was a nice touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment